Monday, November 9, 2009

My son is off to the Middle East (again)

Well, here he goes again. I'm trying not to be dramatic about this, but this is the 2nd deployment and it is over the holidays again. He'll be back next summer. Buster and I were pretty mopey on Saturday afternoon, I think my husband was getting tired of me following him around while he worked on some of those little projects that never seem to get done. So I've immersed myself in quilting and working on finishing up 3 quilts for grand-niece and nephews. I also pulled out 2 UFOs for Christmas Tree wall hangings - they just need batting and backing and quilting. On Sunday I went to a new LQS (new to me anyway) and bought a few Christmas panels and some complementary fabric, so I'll do up a couple more wall hangings. At least this starts some gifts. I have another quilt to do for our intern - she leaves in December and graduates this spring. So, I'll keep myself busy and of course there is always holiday baking to start and now I have a good reason to do twice as much because I'll have to ship cookies overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment